Dentistry/Cyst after wisdom teeth extraction

Hello, a few months ago I had my 4 impacted wisdom teeth surgically extracted. For a few weeks now the the bottom left extraction site has been has swelled slightly and become rather painful. It feels like there is liquid inside. I've been keeping an eye on it for while now, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. does this sound like a cyst to you? if so what is the treatment usually for a cyst?

Thank you

Hello. In answer to your question, a cyst is a fluid filled sac. Generally, a cyst can form if remnants of a prior cyst are not removed completely. However, it may not be a cyst. It is possible it could be infection. My suggestion is, to go immediately back to the surgeon who performed the extraction to have it evaluated. It may need to be treated further, with antibiotics, drainage, or curettage.

Marielaina Perrone DDS

I am a Family, Cosmetic, & Implant Dentist. I am well versed in virtually all of dentistry including dental surgery, dental implants, endodontics, periodontal disease, cosmetic dentistry procedures, dental phobia treatment, etc. Essentially if it is dental related I can help. Cosmetic Dentist Henderson Nevada Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist Las Vegas Dental Implants

I graduated from Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine in 1997 with my D.D.S. degree and have been in private practice ever since. I currently maintain a private practice in Henderson, Nevada.

Dental School: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine 1993-1997 Post Grad: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine Advanced Education in General Dentistry 1997-1998