Dentistry/failed root canal, extraction, failed implant

Question
In July 2012, I was 5 1/2 months pregnant and had a root canal done. The final crown was placed in early August. I was in pain the whole time. In September, the dentist told me everything was fine. By end of November, about month after giving birth, the crown and majority of tooth fell out. I was told it was due to extensive decay and the tooth needed to be extracted and an implant placed. In early Dec. the tooth was extracted and implant immediately placed (no x-ray was taken prior to procedures). I was in horrible pain and three days later went back for re-evaluation. I was told it was fine. I grind my teeth and irritated the area. I was given an essix to wear when I slept. The pain did not go away and the implant site soon became oozing pus. I was given antibiotics(z-pac). I returned to the dentist after finishing antibiotics and told them it was still oozing pus. He told me there was no sign of infection and I can have the implant removed or wait 6months and check ossigination.Signs of infection subsided about 2-3 days later.Then about 2 weeks later I called to inform dentist of oozing yet again. without being seen I am on antibiotics again(z-pac). I finished antibiotics two days ago and still have oozing and signs of infection.Was this a botched job all throughout procedures. What do I do now? Should the dentist refund money and pay to have implant removed from another dentist?

Answer
I think it would be best at this time to contact the district dental society in your area and let them guide you.
You would be best served having this examined by an oral surgeon to atleast give you an objective opinion as to what's going on and how to proceed.

Dentistry

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.