Dentistry/First bite syndrome

Hello, I've been having " first bite syndrome" for several years and my dentist says he never heard of it, but maybe you do. If not , it's when you take the first bite of anything and its like senses that under/around my ear go crazy and it's very painful and embarrassing . It only last for about 5sec and goes away . Only comes when I don't eat for a sort period of time. Make matters worse, I just had orthognatic surgery and it's like it made it worse. The pain at times literally brings me to my knees. Do you know anything about this? What is really called , anything ?

Hi marvin
I am so sorry for you state, but there is not much a dental doctor can do about fbs.
You need to visit a pain clinic and consult a neurophysician. However there is an excellent blog on fbs that i am posting below. Go through it.... It might help to read other people's experiences.

Best wishes
Dr mayank kaurani

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)