Dentistry/Loosening of teeth on biting a hard substance

Dear Sir,

Once i had bit a hard sweet and one of my tooth in the below line has shaked on this. This was almost  4- 5 years back.  Recently again the same incident happended and the tooth again shaked and started loosening.  Now on touching the upper tooth frequently, the teeth is lossening day by day.  

How can i get my teeth in tact without losing it.

Dear lakshmi,

Without examining your tooth it is not possible to tell what has happened. If your tooth has a vertical fracture, it maybe hopeless. If there is no fracture, it may tighten up on its own. You should see a local dentist to be diagnosed.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics