Dentistry/Losing first baby teeth

My child is 5yrs old and I see that his bottom 2 permanent teeth have started to show but he still has his baby teeth still in tact one is slightly moving but not the other should I take him to the dentist now? My other concern is one of them is a little bit slanted not straight.

Permanent lower front teeth erupt behind baby teeth quite often. Generally, as the permanent come further into the mouth, the baby teeth continue to loosen. Have your child wiggle the two bottom teeth while watching TV or during a bed time story each night. The time to see the dentist is when the permanent teeth have come in halfway and the baby teeth are not loosening. It is a quick easy extraction. The permanent teeth will move forward naturally due to the forward motions of the tongue. Sometimes, slightly turned teeth will self correct. If they do not, you should have your dentist evaluate your child's bite and determine if and when orthodontic intervention should come into play. I hope that I have answered your questions fully. Enjoy this fun time with your child!  

Marielaina Perrone DDS

I am a Family, Cosmetic, & Implant Dentist. I am well versed in virtually all of dentistry including dental surgery, dental implants, endodontics, periodontal disease, cosmetic dentistry procedures, dental phobia treatment, etc. Essentially if it is dental related I can help. Cosmetic Dentist Henderson Nevada Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist Las Vegas Dental Implants

I graduated from Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine in 1997 with my D.D.S. degree and have been in private practice ever since. I currently maintain a private practice in Henderson, Nevada.

Dental School: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine 1993-1997 Post Grad: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine Advanced Education in General Dentistry 1997-1998