Dentistry/Need 5 root canals, NY State insurance wont pay.

Question
Greetings Doctor,

I currently am a 23 year old male in a bit of a dillema. I went to the dentist after neglecting to go for quite awhile and was shocked to find out that I have about 10 cavities, 5 will necessitate root canals.

The dentist quoted me a 3500$ price for the teeth, I have no money to my name.  Currently "Affinity Health Plan" apparently won't cover my root canals.  What can I do since I am unable to pay, are there any alternatives?

I live in Queens New York

Very Concerned

Answer
Hagar,
I know dental costs can be expensive but preserving your dental health is worthwhile investment.  Perhaps you can start cutting some of your spending expenses and saving that money towards your dental care.  If the cost to save the teeth is still too expensive, then the other alternative is to have the teeth extracted.

You can always see if you can try to work out a payment plan with the dentist or apply for third party financing through a bank (Care Credit).

Hope this helps,
KG Amin, DMD

Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Dentistry

Ketan Amin, DMD