Dentistry/Pain from root canal?

Question
I had root canal and core build up. When I lightly touch the tooth (when it does or does not have the temporary crown on) it hurts. Dentist or specialist? who did the root canal says pain may be from the root canal, took x-ray of tooth and nothing wrong with the tooth.

Is it time for me to extract the tooth and reverse the root canal?

What type of dentist do I need? Because I think the root canal I had is causing me to be sick and I want it taken out.

Is a partial denture best for front tooth?

Thanks a lot.

Answer
Dear Tom,

First, see your dentist to find out if the bite is high on the buildup.  It may be that all you need is for your dentist to adjust your tooth out of occlusion, so that your other teeth don't hit it when you clench your teeth.  If this does not solve the problem within a few days, you will want to see a root canal specialist to see if anything can be done to keep the tooth.  If not, you will want it removed.  If you must lose it, before you have it removed, have dentist make something to replace it before it is removed.  Exactly what this is will depend on you and your dentist deciding exactly what will work best for you:  A bridge, a partial, or a new tooth supported by an implanted root.

Let me know what you find out.

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO