Dentistry/Painful tooth

Hi, I have a tooth which has been slightly tender for a while now, however over the last two days, this pain has increased considerably. It is one particular tooth, when I touch it is very painful, however I have noticed that the main pain is coming from the top of my gum where it attaches to the skin, I am also feeling pain just under my nose and up to my cheekbone, it is my fourth tooth from the top front right. Nothing feels particularly swollen just very sore to touch, even noticing it when I smile now. Could you help at all?

Sorry to hear about dental issues.  Hard to diagnose based on the information you provided.  It may be sinusitis (you can try to take a nasal decongestant to see if that relieves the pain in the teeth and cheekbone area).  I suggest you contact a general dentist or endodontist to check the teeth for an infection.

Hope this helps,
KG Amin

Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Ketan Amin, DMD

Graduating from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, I received a broad understanding of both medicine and dentistry. I continued my training at New York University, as a dental specialist in endodontics, which concerns root canal therapy, related surgeries, as well as diagnosing and managing various forms of pain occurring in the head and neck

Dentistry; Specialist in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy).

American Association of Endodontics American Dental Association American Academy of OroFacial Pain

Harvard School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) New York University College of Dentistry-Certificate, Endodontics