Dentistry/Red spot

Question
About 7 months I had a canker sore on my gum which eventually went away but I still have a red spot where the sore was along time ago. Is this normal ? I have showed it to my dentist who couldn't even see what I was talking about. Is this redness just normal gingival tissue? It's not like this on the other side. Should I be concerned?

It's on the right side three teeth over from the middle the incisor tooth. There is a red spot with a white spot below it.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/8AB0DC4D-C022-465A-9E77-911

Answer
Kim - I, of course, cannot be completely sure without examining you, but the white with the red spot above is most likely a residual scaring from the sore you previously had.  Again, I cannot be sure, but that is what it appears to be.

Relax these discolorations are faint, and not abnormal.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired