Dentistry/Red spot next to back molar

Question
Hi
I noticed a red spot next to my back molar along my gum line. Also there is a brown colored crack on the side of the molar. I don't have any pain or sensitivity. I have a dentist appointment in a month can this wait until then? Is this a sign on a cavity or just a minor injury to the gum? I have added a pic.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/2378D58D-408E-403C-B33F-D8F

Second tooth from the back left side.

Answer
The red spot is inflamed gingival tissue.  Something is irritating the area by the gum line.
The reason may be because of several things, but I cannot tell you without the x-rays and doing a clinical examination with periodontal probing.
Why would you wait a month for the dental appointment?

-Dr.Kong

Dentistry

John Kong, DDS, www.betterlivingdentistry.com