Dentistry/sinus problems since tooth extractions

Question
I had 14 teeth removed from my upper mouth for dentures 2 years ago, I have a large hole in my gum at the back left and it seems to have the sinus cavity hanging down out of it I have had lots of sinus infections and pain because of this is there any way to have this hole fixed so the sinus stays in the gum line. and who would I see my doctor or dentist to have this fixed.

Answer
Wendy -  Of course, without examining you I cannot be sure of the exact method to eradicate your problem, but usually, when there is a long standing opening into the sinus from extractions closure can still be done, but it is more intricate.  You need to be treated by a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon.  That doctor may incorporate the assistance of an ear, nose and throat doctor to clean the sinus, but the oral and maxillofacial surgeon is the one to see.

If for some reason you are unable to find one, get back to me, tell me where you live and I will send you names of board certified surgeons near you.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired