Dentistry/Soft Liner Info

Dr. Mosert, My dentist said he needs to put a soft liner on my lower cast metal partial becasue my gums are red and hurting when I chew food. Will this be a permanent liner that will last for a year or longer, and will it be easy to adjust? He did not say either way. Also, will it add height? Thanks

I'm not a big fan of soft liners.I prefer a hard reline. The hard reline is also easy to adjust and usually more durable.You might want to ask your doctor the questions you posed and see what he thinks since he is more familiar with your individual case.

Rafael Mosery,D.D.S.

I`m a practicing general dentist for 29 years. Member of ADA,NYSDA,SDDS. In addition I am a fellow of the ICOI.My emphasis is on Implant Dentistry .I would be happy to answer questions regarding implant dentistry as well as general dental questions. Ofcourse within the limitations of no clinical exam and the absence of radiographs .

Private practice for 29 years. Have kept up to date with continuing education throughout that time.

ADA,NYDSA,SDDS,ICOI fellow,Penninsula Hospital Dental Society

NYU College of Dentistry DDS 1984 NYU College of Dentistry Surgical and prosthetic implantology program 1999-2001