Hi DR Gold, for years now i have  tender ckeek bone on the right.
i have 4 root cannals upper right. My cheek gets swollen and hot
.its just a constant ache.some times it goes away for for months then comes  dentist keeps adjusting my bite and my
crowns on top and bottom are showing metal on bite still does not feel like im hitting right. i also have a night guard
he tells me to wear. i keep thinking my root cannals under the upper right teeth are bad but he seems to think jaw pops some times but not always .does this mean i have tmj.
does tmj get sore and swollen.Dont know where to go.i dont get headaches but it feels like im in a spasm

Lawrence Gold Somatics
Lawrence Gold Somatics  

Hanna Somatic Education
Hanna Somatic Educatio  
Hi, Ann,

I've answered your questions in a series of brief article on TMJ Dysfunction.

So, first step:  read them.

Then, we can talk, some more.

In brief, any dental work triggers muscular cringe responses in the muscles of biting and chewing and in the neck, the muscles of breathing, and even in the legs.  Other symptoms follow.

The articles say more:,1.htm  

Lawrence Gold

can answer: TMJ Syndrome/TMJ Dysfunction / TMD jaw pain popping and clicking of jaws earaches TMJ/TMD headaches can't answer: drug-related questions

clients with jaw pain, jaw joint pain, limited ability to open the mouth, headaches

found in my existing expert profile

see includes The American Journal of Pain Management and The Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients articles on TMJ Dysfunction,1.htm

Certified practitioner The Rolf Method of Structural Integration (1990) Hanna somatic education(TM) (1992)

found in my existing expert profile