Dentistry/tooth extraction with gold crown

Question
I have high anxiety about this procedure.  After the crown is removed, will the tooth fall into pieces and if so, will it be difficult to remove?  I dislike the feeling I get from novacaine when I cannot feel as if I can swallow and I become panicky.
Would it be easier if he pulled the tooth right along with the crown?   Thank you,

Answer
Angel -  That is a little difficult for me to answer without seeing an xray of the area.  Usually, the crown is only removed if there is mobility to the crown and then it is removed before the extraction.  If, however, if the crown is still stable, even though there might be decay, the crown should not be removed before the extraction.  

So if you use a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, the procedure will be done correctly.  If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me again.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired