Dentistry/changing dentists

Question
I began treatment with a prosthodontist a couple months ago, however, progress hasn't turned out they I would like. But, before calling to ask for my lab stones to take to a new specialist, I thought I'd write in and ask how appropriate it is to make such a request without appearing confrontational.
- I am just looking to save time, and feel I should have them.
Am I entitled to them or this more of courtesy thing.

Any insight you may provide is appreciated,
Thank you

Answer
Hello John,

Most dentists prefer to work with their own materials, instead of inheriting them from somebody else's project.

So it is probably not necessary to take your lab stones to your new dentist.  And how much are those things anyway?  Probably not the thing that is going to save you that much time or money at the next stop.  Just let your new dentist make new lab stones.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Patient Point of View  

Dentistry

Jonathan at PatientBabble