Dentistry/dental implants

Dr. Shumatov

Are there any dental insurance companies that will pay for dental implants?  Who can afford to have this procedure done?  It is extremely expensive.  Could be more than the average annual salary for the average American.

Thank you

Hi Pat,

As far as I know, some insurances (for example, Delta Dental) will pay for implants. However, you should forward this question to a dentist working with insurances, or to the question pool.
People with savings or with good credit can afford this procedure.
In every country, multiple implants or full arch restoration costs the annual salary for the specific country, or even more. Single tooth implant, however, would cost an average monthly salary. I believe the ratio is similar all around the world. I have good observations for USA and Europe and I can confirm this is the case.  

Veselin Shumantov DDS

Ask questions about: - minimally invasive implant and reconstructive dentistry - single tooth, partial and full implant reconstructions with its options and alternatives - sinus lifts and its alternatives - case-specific implants; allergies; reactions to implanted materials; alternative implantable materials - immediate implants; teeth in a day; staging of treatment with dental implants; combined perio-ortho-cosmetic cases

The Center for Advanced Dentistry has helped patients from all around the globe - USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Norway, France, Italy and more. The procedures that we have been asked for are dental and implant reconstructions, smile makeovers and Invisalign. References available upon request. Find more at or call 888-662-8959.

Medical University - Sofia, School of Dentistry New York University College of Dentistry