Dentistry/growth after extraction

i am 27years old, i had a tooth extracted about 11months ago, about 2 days ago i noticed that there was a potrusion of some sooth at the point wear the tooth was extracted, is it posible that am having a re-growth?

Dear Emmanuel,

It is probably a piece of root fragment which might have been accidentally left which your body is trying to exfoliate.
It's either that or a sharp piece of bone around the socket which could found it's way through the soft tissue.
In either case, you should go see your local dentist to have it x-rayed and looked at.

John Kong, DDS,

I am a board-certified periodontist and an expert on dental implants. I am currently in private practice at Better Living through Dentistry. I can answer questions related to the treatment of periodontitis (gum disease), dental implants, sinus lifts, bone grafts and gum grafts.

My practice focuses in the field of periodontics and dental implants. I enjoy working with dental specialists to coordinate full mouth reconstructions and cosmetic dentistry.

American Academy of Periodontology, American Board of Periodontics, American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, Queens County Dental Association

BA - Wesleyan University, DDS - SUNY Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine, Certificate in Periodontics - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey