Dentistry/In Office Reline Material

Question
Dr. Could you tell me if most dentist's have the office reline impression material's in their practice, if the patient rather have this done? I know this is not as long term as a lab reline. Thanks

Answer
this varies from dentist to dentist. some do not like doing chair side relines so they take a reline impression and send it to the lab to have it completed there....patient has to leave denture with dentist overnight.

some dentists like chair side relines...there are soft temporary materials but have to be replaced often. there are hard permanent plastic materials we can use chair side as well. this material is equal to what the lab uses.

but it is definitely something that each dentist decides on his or her own(whatever works best in his/her hands)

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS