Dentistry/Office reline

Dr. Dalin, Could you tell me if an office reline could fill in an area of a denture if a previous lab reline came back insufficient? The right upper palate is so thin I can see my finger through it and I have pain when I chew. Is it then possible to spot on an area that is not thick enough in one place? Thanks A lot!

a reline fills in inside of the denture...unless there is a void, the reline will not do much. what it sounds like is that the outside of the denture needs to have material added to it to make it thicker. the pain to chewing might need a bite adjustment...or the inside might need a little adjusting. i hope this explains your dentist and see if this works.

jeff dalin, dds

Jeff Dalin DDS

general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children

Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.