Dentistry/root canal or extration front tooth

Question
I am on a limited income, I have medicaid which covers nothing for adults. I have been in need of a root canal for over 2 years on my front top tooth and it is painful and something needs to be done soon. I don't want to lose my front tooth but I can't even afford the cheapest I've found in Sumterville Langely clinic for $600 and then the crown for $800 so I'm wondering if a partial is the way to go, would it be cheaper? And... what is this snap on smile I've read about? I just don't know what to do, but I am very aware of the ugliness of my tooth and I keep losing more an more of it. Please help guide me the right way. Thank you so much in advance for you answers...

Answer
Dear Debbie,

I don't know the fees at S-A clinic, but a partial is almost always less expensive when replacing multiple teeth.

For one tooth, the cost of removing the tooth and having a partial made will be about the same cost as the root canal and crown.  In my world, keeping your tooth is almost always the best option.  A partial will put pressure on other teeth.  This may affect them adversley.

Ask the clinic to provide you with a cost estimate for the partial, then ask their staff to explain the benefits and risks of both.  Then ask one of the staff which they would choose if they were you.  I'm sure they will be very happy to help you with your decision.

Good luck.  Let me know what you did.

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO