Dentistry/Swollen Face and pain

Question
hi I got a double crown less than a year ago and the least I can say it wasn't successful pain and gum inflation it even fell it out once but my dr said it was ok and just put some medical glue and it's back on.
however I had an appointment to remove it and get it retreated by another Dr. but for my bad luck I started to feel strong pain two days ago and yesterday I woke up with a swollen face and pain!
my dr. advised me on phone to apply warm cloth on it and continue on pain killers and not to take any antibiotics! which I found weird so I went and bought an antibiotic called Rodogyl (has active ingredients of Metronidazole and Spiramycin) two pills twice daily and surgam as pain killer and anti-inflammatory (active ingredient Tiaprofenic Acid).
am still feeling pain though my face is swollen a lot( from below my eye till my neck) and feels kinda stiff to touch.
Is there anything I can do at home to reduce swelling and any advices you can give me??
thanks

Answer
Dear Angel,

First, you need to contact a doctor or a dentist who will see you immediately and prescribe the antibiotic that is right for your infection.  I suspect the one you got is not the right one.  You definitely need antibiotic more appropriate for tooth infections.

Swollen face is serious.  Treatment must not be delayed.  If you cannot reach your doctor or dentist immediately, you need to go to an urgent care center or emergency room to receive treatment.  

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO