Dentistry/Swollen Face and pain

hi I got a double crown less than a year ago and the least I can say it wasn't successful pain and gum inflation it even fell it out once but my dr said it was ok and just put some medical glue and it's back on.
however I had an appointment to remove it and get it retreated by another Dr. but for my bad luck I started to feel strong pain two days ago and today I woke up with a swollen face and pain!
my dr. advised me on phone to apply warm cloth on it and continue on pain killers and not to take any antibiotics! which I found weird so I went and bought an antibiotic called Rodogyl (has active ingredients of Metronidazole and Spiramycin) two pills twice daily and surgam as pain killer and anti-inflammatory (active ingredient Tiaprofenic Acid).
am still feeling pain though my face is swollen a lot and feels kinda stiff to touch.
Is there anything I can do at home to reduce swelling and any advices you can give me??
please really need your help

hi angel
please rush to a dentist, get yourself examined and get the swelling actively treated. in india we treat patients with your symptoms with IV antibiotics.
however laws of each country vary. your dentist is your best guide in this. in the meantime just rinse with warm water to ease the pain, if however warmth increases the pain then switch to cold.
best wishes

dr m

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)