Dentistry/tooth splinting

Question
I am in my late 50's and wore braces for 6 years in my 40's and then retainers every night since.  EXCEPT for a few months after I developed trigeminal neuralgia and was in pain.  During the time I didn't wear the retainers, one of my top front teeth tilted and twisted a bit.  My orthodontist made a new retainer which fastened on my eye teeth and had a spring to force the tooth back into place.  One of my eye teeth got very loose so she released some of the pressure on the retainer and it tightened back up.  But that loosening made her look at my xrays again and she said I had root resorption and told my general dentist to splint my 4 front teeth with an "intracoronal (sp?) splint". She told me she didn't have my first xrays to compare with but the loosening concerned her.  I don't want my teeth "trenched" if not necessary.  How can I get a second opinion?

Answer
Dear Amy:
The easiest, and the best way is to go and see the expert, the prosthodontist.  Www.gotoapro.org will have a link to a specialist near you.
There are several ways to splint teeth without extensive preparation.  I am generally not fond of splintting, but sometimes it has be done.
Best of luck,
Dr.Zev Kaufman

Dentistry

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.