Hi there,

Is it possible to send a picture to you? My roommate has had an oral infection for two years. Through no fault of her own (insurance issues, negligent dentists) she has been unable to resolve the issues. I was told if you have an oral infection that is unresolved it can and likely will lead to oral cancer. This morning we found a white patch that is extremely concerning. I was hoping to send to you for your opinion/feedback. She has been getting increasingly sicker since the oral issues began. She is now in  a wheel chair, can barely breathe and the list goes on including that he has been unable to eat solid food for two years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tell her to go to an oral surgeon and have any and/or all infected teeth extracted ASAP.  Oral infections won't give you cancer but they will give you heart disease, diabetes and brain infections which can kill you.  Having "no insurance" is not an acceptable excuse for leaving an infection for 2 years.  Find a way to pay for it.  If you are near a dental school or free clinic that might work but I would suggest extractions ASAP if the teeth are seemed infected.

Crystal Baxter DMD< MDS

Dental malpractice issues, Prosthodontics. Geraitric dentistry, complications from dental treatment including nerve damage, TMJ, brain abscess, infections, sinus perforations, fatalities.

30 years of dental practice, 17 years teaching, University of Illinois, and Northwestern University. National lecture series on dental implants and treatment planing, 18 years as dental expert witness in dental leagl issues.

14 publications, see CV on website.

see credentials at Includes, graduate of University of Pittsburgh, DMD, certificate of Prosthodontics, Masters of Dental Science, certificate of Geriatric Dentistry.

National lecturer, various TV and radio spots including CNN and interviews by Debra Norville.

National expert witness experience, plaintiff, defense, and personal injury.