Dentistry/baby tooth

Question
Hello I'm adult And I  still have a baby tooth and the adult tooth behind coming in behind it  I was told by my dentist I would need to see a orthodontist I don't understand Why I cant just see if the baby tooth falls out on it own  it has flare up a couple time not much trouble I don't know have the money to see orthodontist So could I  just have the tooth pulled I don't understand This procedure with the orthodontist Thank you for your help Carolyn

Answer
hi carolyn
yes you can have the permanent tooth removed... but thats what you will loose THE PERMANENT TOOTH. WHICH IS BIG, STRONG AND DESIGNED TO TAKE THE CHEWING LOADS OF AN ADULT DIET!
a milk tooth is not designed to do that.... so there is not much hope there. alternatively you can get that tooth removed as well as the milk tooth and get a dental implant done.... its cheaper, quicker and partly reimbursable. OR if you come to places like india... a dental implant will cost you less than a crown does in western hemisphere.

best wishes
dr m

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS