Dentistry/BABY TOOTH

Question
Hello I'm adult and I have a baby tooth in front of adult tooth I was told by my dentist I would need to go orthodontist I do not have the finaces  I was wanted to know If I  could just have the baby tooth pulled And the adult tooth come in It has flared up several time But not much trouble Will the baby toot fall out on it own How long can I  go like this Is it ok Thank you Carolyn

Answer
Hello Carolyn,

I will be happy to answer this but I need to see exactly what your situation is.  If it would be possible for you to send some photographs it would be very helpful to me.  Without the photos I can tell you that your dentist is probably right, if you are an adult and have a remaining baby tooth there is a reason.  I am guessing the permanent tooth is not displacing the baby tooth as normally would happen or perhaps the permanent tooth is in at a strange position or angle.  At  any rate the baby tooth probably will not fall out on its own and the permanent tooth most probably would NOT replace it properly.  You can go as you are unless there is infection or possible damage to adjacent or opposing teeth.

Dr Karmen

Dentistry

Thomas Karmen