Dentistry/Dental Implants

Question
I am 25 year old male using using dentures for last 7 years for front two teethes on upper jaws. I came to know about implants few days back.I am willing to have rot implants but can't afford right now.Can i wait for one more year to be able to pay for that and use new set of dentures till then or it will be risky as i have heard bones get deteriorated and i might loss bone mass to support implants.I have good health condition and i don't drink,somke neither use any tobbaco products.

Answer
Hello Prashant,

A couple of thoughts regarding your question to wait a year and continue to use dentures, or do implants.

Since you are only 25 and very young, I think you would be much happier with the implants sooner as opposed to later.

You are correct in stating that a couple of implants could be very expensive.  First I would find a reputable BOARD CERTIFIED PROSTHODONTIST.  Second, have him (or her) look at you and provide a quote for the entire job.  Most dentists will negotiate a price for all of the work.  Third....AFTER you have the quote, ask about dividing up the cost into 12, 18 or 24 payments.

It is very important that you get the Quote for ALL of the work, before talking about a payment plan.  It's like buying a car.  You want to know the price of the car first, before agreeing to monthly payments.  And if you have ever bought a car, then you would know that the reason behind all of this is that financing and payment plans should not be used as an excuse for your dentist to charge more.

Don't feel you have to go for the cheapest dentist either.  It is smarter to pay a little bit more for quality work.

And it also goes without saying that if you have dental insurance, it will be of little value to you.  If this work would even be covered in the first place, there would still typically be a $1,000.00 cap on what the insurance will pay.  But don't despair, just use your negotiating skills as stated above and I think you will be able to get the job done.

Thank you for your question.

Best regards,
Jonathan
Patient Point of View

Dentistry

Jonathan at PatientBabble