Dentistry/Denture Pain

Dr. I may have ruined my old denture when I used a emery board on the right end of my upper denture, and I went to the dentist to get a rebase done, because he said that would fill any voids. Well, I have been having pain in that same area, that I messed up, and he has given me several adjustments. Do you think it did not fill in, because it the old denture was not even. I don't know what to do now, I would hate to get a new denture after I paid for this rebase. Thank You

i would discuss this with your dentist. normally a rebase will fill in all voids and make the denture fit like new again. a few adjustments are needed and maybe you just need a few more spots adjusted. i would just point all of this out to your dentist and let him/her keep working on making it fit perfectly. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Jeff Dalin DDS

general dentistry questions with topics ranging from cosmetic dentistry to dentistry for children

Fellowships in American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the International College of Dentists.