Dentistry/Lymph Node Swelling

Question
Dr. Tieg, About a year ago I had lymph node swelling on the right side of my jaw, and in the inside of my cheeks with small like water blisters from a bad bite. The cause was from a lot of ridge loss on the mandible, and wearing an old partial. An oral surgeon said to go to a prosthodontist, which I did, and get a cast metal partial, since you still have some teeth.  The swelling under my jaw went away, now that the bite was better, but I still have, after a year a lot of swelling and blisters inside my cheek. I even went to an ent doctor, and he said you don't have to have your tonsils out, but did not comment on the inside swelling. Why doesn't this go away? I have done salt water  for a long time several times a day. Thanks

Answer
Velma - your situation could be from a few different causes.  It could still be from an altered bite, but there is a possibility that the blisters are from inflammatory or immunologic situations.  I wish I could be the one to give you a definitive answer, but you should probably be examined by a specialty of dentistry called oral medicine and or pathology.  I don't know where you live, but if you live near a large city see if there is a dental school nearby and see the oral pathologist there.  If you are not near a large city, get back to me tell me where you live and hopefully I can find a private oral pathologist near you.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired