Dentistry/Bite off after filling

Question
I had a filling in lower second from back tooth two weeks ago.  This change my bite so that my front teeth hit each other and the back teeth no longer touch in a bite position.  Swallowing feels funny because I can't actually close the gap between the upoer and lower teeth because the front ones are in the way.  My dentist wants me to ride it out a little longer.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Will the bite adjust in another week so that it is comfortable again.  My jaw had been tired, a little sore, and I think this is the cause of some minor headaches I've had.

Answer
In answer to your question, yes this does happen to others. Your bite needs to be reevaluated, this seems to be quite an extreme bite change from one filling. If this is causing you to not be able to close properly, then it is a big issue which should not be just ridden out. A bite adjustment generally only takes a few minutes, and should alleviate any bite problems. Aching teeth, sensitivity, jaw pain, and headaches can all result from an incorrect bite. I hope that I have thoroughly answered your question. Be well.

Dentistry

Marielaina Perrone DDS