Dentistry/Cavity?

Question
I found a small hole in my tooth, a mm deep at most? There is no pain, swelling, sensitivity or unusual colouring. I've never had anything wrong with my teeth before, is this a cavity? And if it is, judging from what I've told you about it, how serious do you think it is?
If it is a cavity, since there is no unusual colour, will it definitely require drilling?

Answer
Yes, it's probably a cavity, but there's absolutely no way to know without a proper dental examination and possibly an x-ray as well. An early cavity often has no pain, swelling, sensitivity or unusual colouring. If it is a cavity and nothing is done about it, sooner or later you will experience pain, infection and a larger cavity as the decay progresses further into the tooth.  An early cavity can often be cleaned and filled, sometimes with a minimum of "drilling".
This is no time for denial.  Get it checked out while it's still a small problem.  If it turns out to be nothing then you've risked nothing.  Otherwise you are heading for bigger problems because a small cavity will not go away by itself.

Dentistry

Dr. Randolph Myerson