Dentistry/dental jaw pain

Question
hi i had 6 fillings done about 4 days ago all top teeth, well i noticed when i got home that my front tooth did not get sanded down enough and i called back to see if he could fix that and he said yes he would when i come back for my next apnt which is march 13 and last night i was in horrible pain to the point where i was in tears, so i was wondering my bite is definitely off because of that filling. do you think this could be causing my jaw pain...?

Answer
Dear Mickie,

A 'high' filling can place added pressure on that particular tooth when occluding.  This will certainly cause you to feel the bite is off and it may or may not cause you pain.  I would call the office again and see if the dentist can see you earlier than March 13.  It should not take the dentist too long to adjust the filling.

-Dr.Kong

Dentistry

John Kong, DDS, www.betterlivingdentistry.com