Dentistry/Filling after the root canal have some taste after 7-8 months

Question
I had a root canal and then the white filling around 7-8 months ago.The problem is that when i chew food with that teeth i get some metallic taste with the food.Its fine if i use the other side.I was OK with that.But now i am 9 weeks pregnant.Whenever i chew food with that teeth the taste frightened me.Is this taste harmful for the fetus?
I even get it checked by the dentist.She refilled that 2months ago then.But i still have the taste when i use that teeth.
Please help.

Answer
Dear sana,
Though its not uncommon for some fillings to have an after taste, i still dont know which white filling has been done.
Regardless of the filling type, all dental materials used in humans are safe for consumption and pose no threat to humans.
However since the filling u have has an unpleasant taste, ask your dentist to change the filling and use a different one. Silver amalgam fillings dont have this problem at all, you should be fine.
Best wishes
Dr mayank kaurani
India

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS