Dentistry/Graying teeth

Question
My son knocked three of his teeth out during a bike accident 3 years ago when he was 10 years old.  Teeth were placed back into socket.  Root canals were performed a month later.  Now, 3 years later, his teeth are starting to gray slightly.  One dentist said to do internal bleaching.  Another said to do capping.  Roots are pretty good on two of the teeth, but on one of the front teeth the root is shortened (not sure if you needed that info).  What do you suggest?

Answer
hi darlene
the first line of approach would be conservative... get bleaching done.
if however you are not satisfied with the result then  i would advice capping.

having said that darlene, the prime concern in such cases is the extent/size of the damage to the tooth. if the damage was more to begin with, then capping is most suited as it strengthens the tooth. your son would be able to use the tooth efficiently without worrying about any cracking etc.
that call i think a good dentist should be able to take effectively.
best wishes
dr mayank kaurani
india

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS