Dentistry/Help tooth pain

Hi there
I had 6 root canal procedures on my front lower left incisor for a periodontal abscess which was found after I had my teeth whitened dentist thought I must have had abscess for around 5 years.
The tooth was sealed and root canal finished in October 2013. I now have a throbbing pain in the tooth and surrounding teeth and the lymph nodes under my jaw and neck on the left side are swollen and sore.
D you have any advice , I can't afford to go to the dentist  again still paying off previous treatments, would it be sensible to go to emergency department at hospital where I can get free treatment or wait and see what happens have a full course of amoxicillin trihidrate CA 500g should I take these?

Thank you

this is a tough problem.
Antibiotics will quiet your infection and throbbing , but when you stop taking them it will all recur.
Since after treatment , you still have an infection and pain it is pretty certain that the root canal was not successful.  
The Panorex x-ray that you sent doesn't help me much in making a recommendation,I would need just an x-ray of the single lower tooth in question.
The panorex does show that you have a very healthy mouth and have had some good dentistry done.

Sorry, I understand the financial concerns, but only a dentist (endodontist) can make a determination of whether or not the lower front tooth can still be saved.

Wish I could help, with another suggestion, but at this distance I am unable to do anything but recommend that you get an opinion in person from a qualified individual. I know that is not the advice you are looking for.

All the very best,

Dr. Moss  

Stephen J. Moss

I am a professor emeritus at New York University, with a background that includes extensive research, scientific writing and biology. I also am an international consultant in health education, particularly in developing education on new science for health professionals and consumers. I am a past president of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, former head of the NYU Division of Oral Biology and I represent the World Dental Federation at the United Nations. I travel around the world to provide health education to professionals and consumers.

Having retired from New York Universit, where I directed the pediatric dentistry training program, a walk-in dental clinic and research on oral biology, I formalized my professional and consumer health education initiative in the form of Health Education Enterprises. This entity consults and provides information on new science pertaining to oral and general health, particularly leading edge concepts that can be employed in the health professions to improve the public's health. As such, I am an expert in communicating new science and its usefulness to professional and lay audiences alike. I also had a pediatric dentistry practice in New York City for nearly 30 years.

I am affiliated with the American Dental Association, the World Dental Federation, the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Association of Pediatric Dentistry among other formal organizations. My experience has included a research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health and work at the Forsythe Dental Research Center

lpha Omegan USA, Nowa Stomatologia Poland, Journal of Public Health Dentistry, The Journal of the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry USA, News Bulletin Japan, Journal of Marmara University Dental Faculty Turkey, Italian Journal of Paediatric Dentistry Italy, Asian Dentist Singapore, The Journal of the Israel Dental Association Israel, ROBRAC Brazil, Italian Journal of Paediatric Dentistry
Italy, FDI World, STOMA Portugal, Pediatric Dentistry The Philippines, Modern Stomatology Bulgaria, Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry India

I obtained a doctor of dental science (DDS) degree, a master of science degree and am a board certified pediatric dentist.