Dentistry/Odontogenic cyst and perforated sinus

Question
I read your answer about having a "flap" to seal the perforated sinus.  What if the cyst cannot be completely removed?  How long should I wait until I go to get my sinuses (full of infection) cleaned out by an ENT?   If it has spread to bone..or brain..what can be done?

Answer
Rose -  Most dental cysts can be completely removed.  The cystic area should not affect the cleaning of the sinus by the ENT doctor.  Relax about it spreading to other areas.  It is a localized cyst and does not metastasize.  The flap is used to create a seal of the opening into the sinus.  

If you have more questions, I am available.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired