Dentistry/Odontogenic cyst and perforated sinus

I read your answer about having a "flap" to seal the perforated sinus.  What if the cyst cannot be completely removed?  How long should I wait until I go to get my sinuses (full of infection) cleaned out by an ENT?   If it has spread to bone..or brain..what can be done?

Rose -  Most dental cysts can be completely removed.  The cystic area should not affect the cleaning of the sinus by the ENT doctor.  Relax about it spreading to other areas.  It is a localized cyst and does not metastasize.  The flap is used to create a seal of the opening into the sinus.  

If you have more questions, I am available.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude