Dentistry/pain after crown preparation

after having a crown prepared on my lower 7 , i'm experiencing severe pain that woke me up from my sleep, i can't eat and function without taking ibuprofen 400mg , i'm afraid it needs root canal treatment , and i don't have an appointment until next Thursday with my dr. my provisional fell off 1 day ago and i reset it back in it's place
could it be only sensitivity ?

thank you

Hello lana
Yes it is sensitivity due to the disloged temp crown, rush back to ur dentist and get it replaced as delay could create problems while fixing the permanent crown.
Dont worry it happens but dont delay either.
Best wishes
Dr mayank kaurani

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)