Dentistry/Please Help me

my palate have been burnt a lot of times from hot food especially hot rice , now it is swollen hard with no pain, my dentist said it will go away on its own, but it has been one year now and it is still swollen, hard with no pain and no redness. I would have gone to my dentist again, but I donít have a dental insurance. It is normal for it to remain swollen after such a long time.

Hi, Blessing,

My guess is the your palate feels hard because the muscle that moves it is contracted.  I would also make an educated guess that your throat has also tightened up, affecting swallowing and perhaps breathing.

Pain causes us to tighten up in places related to the pain.

Please see this general article on the topic.  

Lawrence Gold

can answer: TMJ Syndrome/TMJ Dysfunction / TMD jaw pain popping and clicking of jaws earaches TMJ/TMD headaches can't answer: drug-related questions

clients with jaw pain, jaw joint pain, limited ability to open the mouth, headaches

found in my existing expert profile

see includes The American Journal of Pain Management and The Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients articles on TMJ Dysfunction,1.htm

Certified practitioner The Rolf Method of Structural Integration (1990) Hanna somatic education(TM) (1992)

found in my existing expert profile