Dentistry/root canal tooth extraction

Question
Hello I have a abcess on my gum And i went to the dentist and had xrays found out it was abcess and it was from a tooth that had a root canal done About 20 years ago Will i  be e ok wants i have this tooth pulled or will it give me problems   I how do there pulled this  if i  don't have a oral surgery do  I'm just having it pulled in dentist office Thank you Carolyn

Answer
Carolyn - Extracting the tooth should resolve the whole problem.  A general dentist should be able to remove the tooth, but if not, that doctor should be able to refer you to another doctor who can extract it.  

I hope it all goes well.  Most general dentists can extract teeth like you describe.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired