Dentistry/Root Canal Treatment

Question
Had a small filling done on tooth #14 after which it became sensitive to heat and cold. Dentist said I needed a root canal.
Proceeded with the root canal but dentist could only do one of four roots as the other roots were calcified. He did not fill the completed canal with gutta percha. He put a temporary filling in and told me to go to a endodontist. The tooth is now fine and no longer has any sensitivity. Do I need to proceed with the three remaining canals or would it be possible to complete the original canal and put in regular filing.

Answer
Robert -  Absolutely you need to follow up with the endodontist to finish the root canal treatment.  If not, the nerve of the tooth that was cut to start the root canal will breakdown and possibly become infected.  So don't wait.  Make an appointment with the endodontist before the problem begins - and it will.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired