Dentistry/Type of dental implants

Question
Hi, COuld you tell me what type of dental implants would I get if I wanted 4 on the floor traditional implants, and so I could have them snapped in at the same time, so I would not have to go without my lower denture. I have heard with some you have to heal for months. Thank You

Answer
Hi Bonnie,

Traditional all-on-4 fixed prosthesis was initially done with   'root-form' Dental Implants.  Now you can do them with other Implant manufacturers who offer such 'angled' abutments to make an 'all-on-4' type of prosthesis.   Some dentists will want the implants to heal prior to loading the implants while some will load the implants immediately after placing the implants.  You will have to discuss this with the restoring dentist and feel out his comfort level doing this type of work.

-Dr.Kong

Dentistry

John Kong, DDS, www.betterlivingdentistry.com