Dentistry/Type of dental implants

Hi, COuld you tell me what type of dental implants would I get if I wanted 4 on the floor traditional implants, and so I could have them snapped in at the same time, so I would not have to go without my lower denture. I have heard with some you have to heal for months. Thank You

Hi Bonnie,

Traditional all-on-4 fixed prosthesis was initially done with   'root-form' Dental Implants.  Now you can do them with other Implant manufacturers who offer such 'angled' abutments to make an 'all-on-4' type of prosthesis.   Some dentists will want the implants to heal prior to loading the implants while some will load the implants immediately after placing the implants.  You will have to discuss this with the restoring dentist and feel out his comfort level doing this type of work.

John Kong, DDS,

I am a board-certified periodontist and an expert on dental implants. I am currently in private practice at Better Living through Dentistry. I can answer questions related to the treatment of periodontitis (gum disease), dental implants, sinus lifts, bone grafts and gum grafts.

My practice focuses in the field of periodontics and dental implants. I enjoy working with dental specialists to coordinate full mouth reconstructions and cosmetic dentistry.

American Academy of Periodontology, American Board of Periodontics, American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, Queens County Dental Association

BA - Wesleyan University, DDS - SUNY Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine, Certificate in Periodontics - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey