Dentistry/No xray for cavity

Question
Dr. How soon can I  go to another dentist and have him redo an old white resin filling, after another dentist I went to would not take an xray, but filled a cavity below the gumline with silver material?  It has been 3 weeks. I have a toothache on top where the old filling has chipped. I want an xray this time, because I can feel it when I put my tongue on the top part of the tooth.  Thanks

Answer
you can go as soon as you want...there is no time frame in matters like this. if you need an xray, it can be taken. if you need or want a new filling, it can be done. that new dentist can check everything else out and let you know what needs to be done.

good luck

jeff

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS