Dentistry/3 1/2 yr old son losing top 2 teeth

Question
MY 3 1/2 year old fell on Wednesday and hit his mouth both front top 2 teeth are loose and the chances are very slim they will remain there. Obviously he has years to go before his permanent teeth come in. I am very concerned about his speech.Is a partial the way to go for him? Is there any other options?

Answer
You are entirely correct in your suggestion that a pedi-partial is the best option for him.  The only other option to my thinking would be to do nothing and that would be a mistake since leaving the space up front could have significant effect on his speech development.  Once those affected primary teeth are gone I would suggest that you consider the pedi-partial option and have his dentist determine if your son could reasonably tolerate the procedure, which is relatively simple, and can tolerate the appliance itself.  In our experience most youngsters tolerate it quite well and it is entirely successful.

Dentistry

Dr. Randolph Myerson