Dentistry/Amount of acrylic for Partial denture

Question
Dr.Kong, I have a 5 month old cast metal lower partial denture. It hardly at all has any acrylic covering all the metal, so I feel like I got ripped off, and my gums are red and inflamed. How much should the lab had put on this partial. The dentist said it is enough and your gums will just have to toughen up. They are so swelled up in the morning that I can hardly put it back in. Since he won't do anything, should I go to another dentist and see if he could place a permanent soft liner in my partial? Thanks

Answer
Dear Janice,

If your partials are causing you pain, your current dentist should adjust it so it doesn't cause you discomfort.  If he will not do anything to relieve you of the discomfort originating from the partial, you should find another dentist who can.

-Dr.Kong

Dentistry

John Kong, DDS, www.betterlivingdentistry.com