Dentistry/Bone grafting

Dr. Kong,
Xray recently showed a decayed tooth under my brige; had the brige removed and tooth was surgically taken out; this was lower left jaw tooth next to back wisdom tooth.  Bone graft was inserted the day of that removal to prepare for 2 implants.  Ever since the bone graft, (going on 2 weeks), I have had a rash on my upper chest and back, no other location. Benedryl only stops itching, rash stays.  Could this be allergic reaction to bone graft?

Dear Vicki,

It's possible, but my first instinct would be to examine the prescribed medications.
Are you sure you do not have allergies to the antibiotics or the pain killers that were prescribed?
And when did you finish taking the meds?

John Kong, DDS,

I am a board-certified periodontist and an expert on dental implants. I am currently in private practice at Better Living through Dentistry. I can answer questions related to the treatment of periodontitis (gum disease), dental implants, sinus lifts, bone grafts and gum grafts.

My practice focuses in the field of periodontics and dental implants. I enjoy working with dental specialists to coordinate full mouth reconstructions and cosmetic dentistry.

American Academy of Periodontology, American Board of Periodontics, American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, Queens County Dental Association

BA - Wesleyan University, DDS - SUNY Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine, Certificate in Periodontics - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey