Dentistry/Crown for core build up

Question
I had a large filling in tooth #20 which fell out and the crown broke off at or near the gum line leaving just the front wall of the tooth.  My dentist said she could try to save it but, recommended that the tooth be extracted.  I went to another dentist referred by a friend; he cleaned the tooth, placed in 2 gold pins and built up the core.  I know I need a crown lengthening and a crown.  How long will the unprotected build up last as is, can it crack down the root if I am not careful and would a resin crown last and be strong enough, (I know metal is best).  Thank you

Answer
Hi mike
Yes ur tooth would disintegrate very rapidly if left unprotected.
Plastic crowns are usually used as temporary crowns as they are softer than natural teeth and grind/wear away rather quickly, besides the worn off stuff goes in your tummy.
My advice: GO FOR A DEFINITIVE CROWN ASAP!

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS