Dentistry/dental patch

Two months a filling or patch was put in where my gum has receded to protect against decay and further recession. It fell out last night. Is it typical to have issues with material bonding to an area like this or is this poor work?

Dear Perry

Sometimes gum line fillings can pop out and it doesn't necessarily imply poor workmanship. I suggest you return to your dentist and have him try again. If you do have this problem repeatedly, then it probably is time to switch dentists.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics