Dentistry/what to do for fixed bridge that came out

I'm a male, 80, active and in good health. All upper teeth are present, except #1 and 16. Lower right #32-29 are missing. And lower left #17 is missing.
Yesterday a fixed bridge covering 18-20 came out. With 32-29 missing, and almost all the chewing is done on the left side and the incisors, do you think a replacement fixed bridge will quickly weaken and fail?
What is the best restoration plan and the next best? I don't want removable dentures.

Dear Mitchell:
Good  problems to have at age 80.  I am glad that you managed to keep most of your teeth throughout life.  For your general health, it is important to you to replace the missing teeth.  If you can get a new Bridge from tooth number 18 through tooth number 20, you should go ahead and get one done.  If those teeth cannot be restored, you should discuss with your dentist, the replacement of those teeth with dental implants.  Try to get at least a second premolar on each side, teeth number 20 through 29.  If can afford to add teeth 19 and 30 that would be even better, as long as you have the bone and the finances to get implants.
This is all the information that I can give you without examining you personally.
I do recommend going to a prosthodontist for a proper diagnosis and expert treatment. will have a link to a qualified prosthodontist near you.
Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.

I can answer any question from simple routine dentistry to very complex dentistry with emphasis on reconstructive, cosmetic, and implant dentistry. My expertise is in co-ordination of very complex treatment plans with other dental specialists or as a one-man-team, since I have extensive training in Prosthodontics, Surgical Implantology, and orthodontics.

Over a decade in private practice of Surgical Implantology and Prosthodontics. Founder and owner of Prosthodontics & Implant Surgery of Manhattan, PC. Clinical Assistant Professor at the Post-Graduate Department of Periodontics & Implant Dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry. Lecture weekly since 1999 on advanced Implant Prosthodontics at New York University College of Dentistry Post-Graduate Program in Periodontics & Implant Dentistry. Former clinical assistant professor of Dental Radiology at the NYU College of Dentistry. Former clinical and lecture faculty at Lincoln Hospital, Dental residency program. Former clinical and lecture faculty at St. Barnabas Hospital (Bronx, NY) dental residency program. Lecture nationally on Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry.

Memeber of the American College of Prosthodontics. Memeber of the Acacdemy of Osseointegration. Member or the Omikron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) Honors Dental Society. Member of the American Dental Education Association.

Graduated with Honors from New York University College of Dentistry. Post-Graduate training and certificate in the specialty of Prosthodontics. Post-Graduate training and ceritificate in Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Dentistry. Honors-program in Comprehensive and Applied Practice Management. Honors-program in Orthodontics.

NYU Cervice award to the community. OKU honor society. National Dean's List. National Who's Who.