Dentistry/what to do for fixed bridge that came out

I'm a male, 80, active, and in good health. All upper teeth are present, except #1 and 16. Lower right #32-29 are missing. And lower left #17 is missing.
Yesterday a fixed bridge (porcelain fused to high noble) covering 18-20 came out. With 32-29 missing, and almost all the chewing is done on the left side and on the incisors, do you think a replacement fixed bridge will quickly weaken and fail? What is the best restoration plan and the next best? I don't want removable dentures.

Dear Mitch:

It depends on the condition of the two teeth holding the bridge. If  they have sufficient intact tooth structure then a replacement bridge is a good idea. If the teeth (20 & 18) holding your bridge have decayed and do not have enough intact tooth structure than implants may be the best option for you.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics