Dentistry/Joint Clicking

Hello, I developed a clicking of a joint near my ear every time I swallow. It is not the same exact second I swallow but about 1 or 2 seconds after so it cannot be the eustachian tube. I feel it around the ear area. I don't think its TMJ because I do not feel any pain just the annoying click sound. Is there anything you recommend hot compress, cold/ice compress, massages, vitamins,drinks? Thanks for your help.

Hello, Arno,

Sounds like tight muscles of biting and chewing -- the precursor of TMJ Syndrome.

Please see this page for links to relevant articles and course of action.,1.htm

None of the remedies you mentioned are effective for that condition, since they miss the mark.  You can't retrain muscle/movement memory with any of them, and that's what's needed.

more on the self-relief program

Lawrence Gold

can answer: TMJ Syndrome/TMJ Dysfunction / TMD jaw pain popping and clicking of jaws earaches TMJ/TMD headaches can't answer: drug-related questions

clients with jaw pain, jaw joint pain, limited ability to open the mouth, headaches

found in my existing expert profile

see includes The American Journal of Pain Management and The Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients articles on TMJ Dysfunction,1.htm

Certified practitioner The Rolf Method of Structural Integration (1990) Hanna somatic education(TM) (1992)

found in my existing expert profile